ORA-27100, ORA-27100 and ORA-01034

An error is reported by User that ASP Application is giving an Error message "ORA-27102:Out of Memory"

I tried to increase SGA size of Oracle using command "Alter System set SGA_MAX_SIZE = 2G scope =pfile"

But when I tried to shutdown database using "shut immediate", It gave message "ORA-01034:Oracle Not Available" and "ORA-27101:Shared Memory Realm Does not exist"

When I connected as sysdba using "conn sys as sysdba", It gave message "connected to idle instance". But when  I tried to start database using "startup mount", it gave message "ORA-27100:Shared Memory Realm Already Exist".

Finally, I found that due to changing of sga_max_size spfile was corrupted. So, I followed these steps to overcome this problem.

Then I started database using "startup pfile = 'c:\oracle\admin\db_1\pfile\init.ora'. It succeeded.
Then I created another spfile using "create spfile from pfile='c:\oracle\admin\db_1\pfile\init.ora'. it also succeeded.
Then I shut Down the database and again started using simple startup command.

Comments